Jasper County - Webb City Memorial Park
Webb City Memorial Park was formally dedicated on Flag Day of 1920 and is Webb City’s first public park. Its intended purpose was to provide a public space for reflection and contemplation on the service of Webb City WWI Veterans. The park has undergone two restorations, the first in 1956, when the large pink granite stone was erected, and the second, in 2007 when the two large black walls were added, that feature the names of all Web City Veterans who have died in foreign wars. The original bandstand, also constructed in 1920, still stands behind the stone memorial. On the stone, escribed text states that service records for all the listed soldiers are available at the Webb City Public Library.